Monday, March 16, 2015

Looking for a Book to Read?


Over the weekend I was invited to participate in Authors on the Move, an event featuring 40 writers and over 250 guests getting together to eat and drink and raise money in support of the Sacramento Public Library’s Literary Foundation.  The evening was tons of fun and - woo hoo - over $100,000 was raised for the Library’s Summer Reading Program. 

I met many writers, but wanted to share information about my tablemates and their latest work. 

Jan Ellison’s debut novel is A Small Indiscretion, about a woman and her family and secrets in her past. 

Stephen D. Gutierrez has written three books – his latest is a collection of stories and essays, The Mexican Man in his Backyard. 

John C. Hampsey is from Pittsburgh (my father’s hometown) and his book, Kaufman’s Hill, is a memoir about Pittsburgh in the ‘60s.

The only regret I have is that I wasn’t able to meet more writers or buy more books.  So many books, so little time.  

But take a look at these and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment